Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What's Momma Been Cookin' Up?

Just a sample of what the boys have been eating lately. I know NO ONE would believe it if they didn't see it with their own eyes. So, here is the proof! I've basically lived in the kitchen for the last 7 weeks but the result is, I've learned a lot and made some really delicious, wholesome meals for my family. The reward is, they LOVE everything I've made (and I mean EVERYTHING!) and Jack is doing so amazingly well. Hmmmmm........Maybe it's a coincidence. :) A Typical Snack Organic Beet Brownies These consist of pureed beets, pureed carrots, pastured eggs (or mashed banana), raw honey, nut butter (almond, cashew, pecan, walnut or whatever you prefer), and aluminum free baking soda Everyday Breakfast Smoothie Organic "Green Thing" Smoothie This consists of raw spinach, raw baby romaine, 3-4 celery stalks, 1/2 cucumber (with skin on), whole advocado, 1/2 green apple (skin on), raw honey, coconut oil, and a smidge white grape juice and filtered water The "green thing" all blended up
Joe, Jack and Mommy's cupfuls of our yummy "green thing" smoothies (Seriously, the boys can't get enough of this drink and they literally cry and fuss for more when it's gone!)
A Typical Dinner
Organic Spaghetti Squash
This consists of 1 whole large spaghetti squash cooked and shredded with a fork, grass-fed ground beef, and a sauce made from an organic veggie juice (tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, parsely, oregano, jalepeno. The boys both enhale this. I know it looks like "you know what" but it really is super delicious! Brent and I are eating whatever I make for the boys b/c I don't have time to make seperate meals and we are pleasantly surprised at how yummy everything is. This "spaghetti" and an eggless veggie meatloaf are so far beloved by both boys.

No comments: