Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Carla's 35 Week Checkup and Other Ramblings

It's my turn to chime in on this thing. :) I had my 35 week OB checkup today and it went well, very routine. My tummy is measuring normal, I won't mention my weight gain, normal blood pressure, and baby's heartbeat was good. Little Joe has assumed the right position for delivery. For those of you who don't know, I had a condition that was being monitored, my placenta was low and this can be very dangerous to both mom and baby. Well, it finally moved and all is good for a normal delivery. The exact same thing happened with Jack. I also went past my due date with Jack and I am kind of anticipating the same this time. So far this little guy is estimated to be about 5 ozs bigger than Jack at this stage. Joe is about 5 lbs right now and should do a lot more growing in the next 4 weeks. I tell Joe he needs to stay in there as long as possible because Mommy is very busy chauffeuring big brother Jack around to all his therapy sessions and school. I also have to fit in a weekly OB appt. for myself now. There is not enough time and not enough of me to accomplish all that needs to be done. Brent is awesome to relieve me the second he walks in the door from work. He plays pretty intensively with Jack for a couple of hours, gives him a long entertaining bath, reads to him and puts him to bed EVERY night. He also gets up with Jack when and if Jack wakes up in the middle of the night. I am a lucky woman to have two (almost three) such wonderful guys in my life. Jack has his second OT session tomorrow which we are looking forward to, he LOVES playing in their gym!!!! He's been very vocal and chatty the last few days and it seems he's made so much progress in such an amazingly short amount of time.
He's FINALLY saying "mama" which I waited a very long time to hear and it of course melts myheart. He constantly gives me big wet kisses on the mouth and often without me even asking him too. We are beyond pleased with him and so proud. He is one of the sweetest boys in the world and he is constantly smiling and laughing. He has this awesome infectious giggle. He is talking a lot, you just can't understand him yet. He also "talks" a lot with his expressions, it is very entertaining. He points at everything and still loves books beyond anything else. Animals are his second favorite thing and he has taken to carrying around a duck sponge from the bathtub or a horse figurine. Daddy taught him to make it gallop. He is sleeping much better, waking up only occasionally once a night and going back to sleep on his own with no problems. We couldn't ask for a more wonderful son and we can't wait to see how he likes being a big brother. We are very excited to meet Joe and find out all about him. Stay tuned for more on our precious boys. Carla

No comments: